River Valley Credit Union is proud to help our members with continuing education. Completion of this scholarship application is the first step in the application process for the River Valley Credit Union Scholarships. There will be one 1st place $1000 scholarship and one 2nd place $500 for the essay entries. There will be one 1st place $1000 winner and one 2nd place $500 winner for the video entries. You can apply for the essay and/or video scholarships.
(1) Scholarships are available to active members in good standing.
(2) Scholarships are available to members who are High School Seniors.
(3) Winners will be allowed a free choice in the selection of an accredited school of learning.
(4) Your completed application and your essay should be submitted or postmarked by February 23, 2018.
(5) Awards will be distributed by the Board of Directors only after the successful recipient has been accepted at the institution of their choice and presents a receipt for education expenses.
(6) Awards will apply to the term immediately following the award.
(7) Winners will be selected by mid March.
(8) Scholarship winners are required to attend our Annual Meeting in March.
Essay Scholarship Criteria
1. Must complete an essay of 250 words or less that reflects your ideas about the benefits of your River Valley Credit Union membership and how it will help you in the future.
2. Completion of the Scholarship Application.
3. Either mail in this completed 2017-18 Scholarship Form with your essay OR fill out the application below with your essay in the final text area.
Video Scholarship Criteria
1. Construct a video, posted to our facebook page, on what makes a credit union better than a bank. A limit of 2 minutes.
2. Completion of this 2017-18 Scholarship Form OR fill out the application below.
DEADLINE: February 23, 2018
SCHOLARSHIPS: Upon presenting a receipt for education expenses, a check will be given to the winners.
SELECTION OF WINNERS: A panel of judges will evaluate all entries and decide the winners by March.
CERTIFICATION: All of the information on this form is true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
If you are mailing your Scholarship Application, please mail it to:
PO Box 160
Lowell, MI 49331