Buying a new vehicle can be fun and enjoyable, if you do your homework. River Valley Credit Union wants to help make the process of buying a vehicle as hassle free as possible. Here are a couple tips to keep in mind while buying a new car!
- Decide what vehicle is right for you. Narrow down your choices before you head to a dealership to give you an upper hand. There are several online resources that can help you find the best car for your needs.
- Get pre-approved! Getting pre-approved with River Valley Credit Union can give you a huge advantage and reduce the stress of buying a car.
- Beware of Add-Ons. A great deal on a vehicle can quickly disappear with expensive add-ons that put your vehicle over blue book value. RVCU can provide the same insurances at a lower cost.
- Don’t rush the test drive. If you’re planning on owning a car for a while, it’s important to give it a good test drive. You might notice something that could be a big problem in the future!
- If you are buying a used car, look for a certified pre-owned car. The sticker price may be higher, but there are many advantages. Sites such as CarFax can also be helpful when buying a used car.
- Don’t finance through a dealership. Car salespeople don’t just want to sell you a car, they want to finance it too. Car dealerships will charge significantly higher interest rates or add on fees that might seem easier, but will leave you paying more.
Already financed your car at a dealership and want to switch your loan to RVCU? We could help you save money! Refinance your loan and receive $100!*